3200 Kempt Road, Suite 202
B3K 4X1, Halifax NS
Position Title: Program Coordinator for Information and Referral Services/Office Manager
Under the Supervision of the ADAM Chair and Board of Directors, the Program Coordinator for Information and Referral Services will direct the Partnership Intervention Program (PIP) for Integration and Retention of African Canadian Immigrants in Nova Scotia which is supported by funding from the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration. The position also includes a responsibility for assisting with tasks associated with the daily activities at the ADAM office.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- will be responsible for the overall management of all of ADAM’s settlement services which includes reporting, evaluation, proposal writing, fundraising, contacts with partners and donors, and other activities related to immigration and settlement services.
- will develop strategies for increasing the membership and volunteer activities of ADAM, will develop a budget for the PIP, and will also manage the financial reporting for ADAM as a whole, in cooperation with the ADAM Board Treasurer, whenever possible, will assist in ADAM day to day office activities and projects.
- will communicate and maintain the membership list in cooperation with the ADAM Board Secretary.
- will manage volunteer staff as required.
- will provide regular oral and written reports to ADAM Board.
- university degree in arts, social sciences, community services, business administration or related disciplines.
- advanced computer skills in MS office applications.
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- familiarity with public relations and marketing an asset.
- at least 2 years’ experience working with a non-profit or government organization is preferred, and prior experience in immigrant services is a definite asset.
- solid project development/management experience is an asset.
- fluency in both English and French is an asset but not a requirement.
- 7.5hr/day, 5 days a week
- Annual salary of $46,000.00
- Position commences immediately
Date Posted: August 1st, 2017 Closing Date Extended: September 13th, 2017
Position Start Date: Immediately
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Thank you for your interest in serving the African Diaspora Association of the Maritimes.
- Next >>